Member Area

Virtual Soldiers Community - Powered by vBulletin

Post Thanks / Like

Guild Wars 2 opinions

So, now that this beta weekend event is over, what are peoples opinions on the game?

I, for one, am highly looking forward to its release and i'm sorry to say will be playing this ALOT more than Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Kriz' quotes:
    dont particualry enjoy getting my ass felt up by guys thinkking they feeling up girls ass..
    I think its coz sometimes i wear boxers that have hearts on them.. makes me a gay target

Post Thanks / Like
    It was everything I hoped for, and more - I absolutely loved it. I think I put nearly 30 hours into my level 22 ranger, and it told me I had completed 5% of the game. That's insane.

What impressed me most was the PvE, and how it didn't lead you by the hand; it strikes the perfect balance between 'sandbox' and 'theme park', in my opinion. Over and over again we just headed towards a distant skill point challenge, and discovering harbour towns, Destroyer volcanoes, Troll caves, and all sorts of beautiful scenery on the way. It was brilliant, and felt to me like I was genuinely exploring a massive world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monkey, you barely play TOR anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I played it more than you think mate and your one to talk.
    Kriz' quotes:
    dont particualry enjoy getting my ass felt up by guys thinkking they feeling up girls ass..
    I think its coz sometimes i wear boxers that have hearts on them.. makes me a gay target

Post Thanks / Like
    Guild Wars 2 for the win. I absolutely love it and I am afraid to say how many hours I played in the beta. I explored about 15% of the game map and its big that is for sure. I used most of Sunday to explore and did hardly do battle at all. So I only got to level 19. I reported like 100 bug reports alone. So there is still alot of work to do for the developers.

There are some issues I think can make it boring after a while and alot of people agree on this. And its the weapon skills! They need to do something about this I afraid. There are simply not enough build/skill options. It makes the game a bit too straight forward. It can become abit smash the buttons as fast as possible and little tactics. GW1 was far better on the skill side of things. I like the idea of having weapon skills but there should be a possibilty to forge your weapons with skills you want. Or something similar.

And the battle pace seems way to fast. Lots of reviews out there also says this. Big battles are so fast and lots of things happen at once. So you have trouble keeping up with what is happening. It is a bit messy.

But the game is just amazing. If allowed I am probably gonna spend a few thousand hours in this game. It really depends on the replayablility and how often they add new stuff. And ofcourse that you can play the game without using lots of real money too keep up. If you get extra strength and stuff from bought items then it is not gonna work.

Only time will tell!